Investing.com – Stocks in focus in premarket trading on Thursday:
• Altria (NYSE:) stock gained 1.4% in premarket trade by 8:20 AM ET (11:20 GMT) after its profit and revenue came in above forecasts, while it also said it took a $4.5 billion writedown on its investment in e-cigarette maker Juul due to Food and Drug Administration regulations related to vaping.
•Starbucks (NASDAQ:) stock was up 2.2% in premarket trade after the coffee maker said iced coffee and other cold drinks helped boost same-store sales by 5% globally in the three months to September.
• Lyft (NASDAQ:) stock rose 4% as its earnings came in better than expected, with the ride-sharing company losing less money than forecast in the last quarter.
• Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:) stock slumped 9% after news that its CEO Steve Milligan plans to retire.
• Apple (NASDAQ:) stock inched up 1.7% after expanding iPad and AirPod sales cushioned a drop in iPhone sales in the final quarter of its fiscal year. The group forecast a return to revenue growth in the current quarter.
• Facebook (NASDAQ:) stock jumped 4.3% after its earnings came in much higher than expected, while its average revenue per user came in at $7.26, also higher than forecast.
• Twitter (NYSE:) stock slipped 1.7% after it said it will ban all political ads starting Nov. 22 as it attempts to address concerns about false information on social media sites.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.