Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade Friday.
- Apple (NASDAQ:) rose 1.5% after a report that it’s increasing iPhone 11 production by 10% in anticipation of what CEO Tim Cook called a big upgrade cycle in smartphones
- BP (LON:) rose 0.3% after confirming that CEO Bob Dudley is to retire and be succeeded by upstream head Bernard Looney
- HP Inc (NYSE:) fell 5.4% after saying it would cut up to 9,000 jobs, or 16% of its global workforce to bolster profitability. News of an expanded buyback and a higher dividend hasn’t helped soften the blow.
- Facebook (NASDAQ:) fell 0.4% amid reports that key backers are getting ready to quit its digital currency project Libra
- PayPal (NASDAQ:), Visa (NYSE:) and Mastercard (NYSE:) were all in focus, after being cited by reports as likely to quit the Libra project.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.